About using the application in the European Union, the United Kingdom, Brazil, Vietnam, or by California residents
October 2, 2023
The versions of the application that Kaspersky and our partners distribute in the European Union, the United Kingdom, Brazil, Vietnam (as well as the versions intended to be used by California residents) meet the requirements of the regulations governing the collection and processing of personal data that have been established in these regions.
In addition, the Setup Wizard prompts you to accept the following provisions regarding how your personal data is processed:
- Kaspersky Security Network Statement. This statement allows Kaspersky experts to promptly receive information about threats detected on your computer, about applications being run and signed applications being downloaded, as well as operating system information to improve your protection.
- Statement regarding data processing for marketing purposes. This statement allows us to create more valuable offers for you.
You can accept or decline the Kaspersky Security Network Statement and Statement regarding data processing for marketing purposes at any time from the application settings (the Settings window).
When updating the application, a user will be prompted to accept the new Kaspersky Security Network Statement and Statement regarding data processing for marketing purposes.
- If the user declines the new Statement, then the updated application will continue to work under the previously accepted Statement.
- If the user accepts the updated Statement, the old one will be replaced by the new Statement and the application will continue to work according to the new conditions.
Using the application in the European Union has the following features:
- When choosing a virtual server (for example, France), the physical server through which the connection is established may be located in another country (for example, Belgium). The server's IP address will show that the server is located in France.
- When a virtual server is selected automatically, the connection may be established outside the territory of the European Union, United Kingdom, Brazil, and the U.S. state of California.