What to do with applications incompatible with Kaspersky Total Security 19
Kaspersky Total Security is incompatible with some other Kaspersky Lab applications and anti-virus solutions from other vendors. For the full list of incompatible applications, see this article.
- If you have an incompatible application already installed on your PC, you can:
- Remove the application.
- Keep the application
- Disable the check for incompatible software before installation.
- If you have a Kaspersky Lab application that is incompatible with Kaspersky Total Security installed on your PC, you must remove it. Two Kaspersky Lab applications cannot be installed together. If you want to keep the application that is currently installed, stop the installation of Kaspersky Total Security.
How to remove incompatible applications
During installation, the Incompatible software detected window will appear.
Do the following:
- Manually remove applications that cannot be removed automatically. To do so:
- Click Remove manually.
- Find the application in the list and click Uninstall/Change. Follow the instructions in the wizard.
- After removing the incompatible application, click .
- Select the checkboxes for the applications that can be removed automatically and click Remove selected. Kaspersky Total Security will remove incompatible applications.
- Click Restart the computer.
After the system restart, the installation of Kaspersky Total Security will continue.
How to keep incompatible applications
If you use Kaspersky Total Security alongside incompatible applications, it may not work correctly and operating system errors may occur.
During installation, the Incompatible software detected window will appear. To install Kaspersky Total Security without removing incompatible applications:
- Clear the checkboxes beside the incompatible applications you want to keep and click Continue.
- Click Continue.
Incompatible applications will be kept on you computer.
How to skip the incompatible software check
If you installed the application by downloading the installer
- Create a shortcut for the installer you downloaded. Right-click the installer file and select Create shortcut from the shortcut menu.
- Right-click the shortcut and select Properties.
- Add /pSKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1 to the end of the line in the Target field.
- Click OK.
- Double-click the shortcut to start the installation.
If you installed the application from a CD
- Insert the installation disk into the CD drive.
- Press and hold the Win and R keys on your keyboard.
- Enter D:\install\setup.exe /pSKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1 in the Open field.
Here, D is the letter used by the CD drive. This letter might be different depending on your operating system settings, so enter the correct one manually.
- Click OK.
Kaspersky Total Security will be installed without checking for incompatible software.
How to remove incompatible Kaspersky Lab applications
Kaspersky Total Security is incompatible with the following Kaspersky Lab applications:
- Kaspersky Internet Security
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Kaspersky Security Cloud
- Kaspersky Small Office Security
If one of the following windows appears during installation:
- Incompatible software detected window: click Remove manually and then remove the application. See this article for instructions.
- Detected previously installed version window: click Continue installation. The Wizard will remove the old version and install the new one.
The incompatible Kaspersky Lab application will be removed.