Secure Connection in Kaspersky Total Security 2018
Use Kaspersky Secure Connection when you shop online or use social networks to protect your credentials and private information. Install Kaspersky Securе Connection from the interface of Kaspersky Total Security 2018.
When you connect to a wireless network, Kaspersky Secure Connection checks the connection and, if the network is vulnerable or dangerous, offers to establish a secure connection. Click Enable protection to establish the secure connection.
Kaspersky Secure Connection will establish the secure connection and show the corresponding notification.
Kaspersky Secure Connection hides your real IP address and location transfers the data via the secure channel.
How to run Kaspersky Secure Connection
- In the main window of Kaspersky Total Security 2018, click More tools.
- For the guide on how to open the application window, see this article.
- In the Tools window, click Secure Connection.
- In the Kaspersky Password Manager view, click Download and install.
- After the installer is downloaded, the installation of Kaspersky Securе Connection will start. In the wizard window, click the link to review the terms of the End User License Agreement.
- Click Back to return to the installation wizard window.
- In the same way, review the Kaspersky Security Network statement. If you accept it, leave the check box selected and click Install.
- Wait until the application is installed and click Finish.
- To enable or disable secure connection, click the switch.
How to activate Kaspersky Secure Connection
By default, a free version of Secure Connection is installed. It functions with limitations: only 200 MB of traffic per day is available. When the limit is exceeded, the corresponding notification is shown.
To use Kaspersky Secure Connection with no limitations, activate the application. For instructions, see this article.
Possible Secure Connection issues
When Kaspersky Secure Connection is not working, the notification Secure Connection is not available is displayed in the window.
To fix the issue:
- Check your Internet connection.
- Temporarily disable Firewall.
- If you are using another application for VPN connections, close it.
- Contact your Internet services provider to learn if the settings of your network allow estabsilshing secure connections.
Limitations of Secure Connection
Secure connection is established by default when you open HTTP versions of dating websites, social networks, email services, booking and banking pages, if this option is enabled in the connection settings of Kaspersky Secure Connection.
Kaspersky Secure Connection starts automatically (if the component is enabled in the settings) when you open the HTTP versions of social networks, email services, banking, booking or dating websites.