Windows Installer Coordinator Error when installing Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 for Windows
This article concerns:
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.4.0 for Windows (version 18.104.22.168)
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.3.0 for Windows (version 22.214.171.1243)
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.2.0 for Windows (version 126.96.36.1994)
When installing Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 for Windows with the selected Kaspersky Endpoint Agent component on the server operating system, a Windows Installer Coordinator Error may appear.
This error is caused by an incompatibility of the Windows Installer Coordinator with the Embedded MSI technology.
Disable the Remote Desktop Session Host of the Windows Installer for the duration of the installation. Use one of the following options:
- Using the local group policy. Go to:
Local Computer Policy → Computer Configuration → Administrative Templates → Windows Components → Remote Desktop Services → Remote Desktop Session Host → Application Compatibility. Enable the Turn off Windows Installer RDS Compatibility option.
- Using the registry. Set the value to 0 for the following parameter:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services\TSAppSrv\TSMSI\Enable
What to do if the issue persists
If the issue persists, submit a request to Kaspersky technical support via Kaspersky CompanyAccount. Please include a detailed description of the issue. Before contacting the support, see the guide on creating a request in the Knowledge base.