How to reboot macOS (OS X) in single-user mode
Kaspersky Customer Service specialists may require you to boot your Mac in single-user mode for troubleshooting purposes. To do so:
- Click in the macOS (OS X) menu bar and select Restart.
- Click Restart.
- Press and hold Command + R on the keyboard until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Click Disk Utility → Continue.
- Select the volume in use.
- Click the Mount icon in the top menu if it is active.
- Close the Disk Utility window.
Mac OS (OS X) will now run in single-user mode. To exit single-user mode, reboot the system once again.