A Kaspersky application won’t start
Show applications and versions that this article concerns
- Kaspersky Standard, Plus, Premium
- Kaspersky Internet Security
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Kaspersky Total Security
- Kaspersky Small Office Security
When starting a Kaspersky application, you may see the Loading the application window that appears on the screen for a few moments, and then nothing happens and the application does not start.
The issue can occur after installing Windows updates or operating system malfunctions.
Restart the computer. If restarting the computer did not help, reinstall the application:
- Download the installer from the Kaspersky website.
You can no longer download Kaspersky Security Cloud. Switch to our new Kaspersky Premium solution.
- Remove the application. In the Saving objects window, select the License information or Subscription information checkbox. See this article for instructions. You can also try removing a Kaspersky application using the kavremover tool.
- Restart your PC.
- Run the installer.
- Activate the application.
The application has been reinstalled.
What to do if the issue persists
If the recommendations did not help or you experience difficulties during installation or removal, contact Kaspersky Customer Service.