How to restore a Kaspersky application after reinstalling the operating system
This article concerns:
- Kaspersky Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium
- Kaspersky Internet Security
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Kaspersky Total Security
When you reinstall the operating system, Kaspersky applications get removed from your computer along with their license information. To restore your computer back to security, complete the following steps:
- If you:
- Do not have an activation code, recover it using the instructions from this article.
- Have an activation code or subscription, proceed to the next step.
- Download the application that gets activated with your code or subscription from the Kaspersky website. To learn what applications can be activated with your code, see this article.
- Install the application. See the installation guide for:
- Activate the application. See the activation guide for:
To activate a subscription to Kaspersky Basic, Standard, Plus, sign in to My Kaspersky from your application.
The Kaspersky application will be restored on your computer.
How to find the activation code for your Kaspersky application in My Kaspersky
Error “Your activation code is already saved in the application” or “Activation code is saved”
"Activation code is not suitable for this application" error
"You have exceeded the maximum number of activations allowed for the entered activation code" error
Error "License has expired" or "Activation period has expired"