How to free up space on your computer to download new Kaspersky application version and save diagnostic information
If there is not enough free space on the computer, you will not be able to download new Kaspersky application version and save diagnostic information.
To free up space on your device, use one of the following methods.
Method 1. Run Windows Disk Cleanup
- Press +R on the keyboard.
- Type cleanmgr.exe and click OK.
- Select the drive you want to clean up and click OK.
- Select the files you need to delete and click OK.
- Confirm that you want to delete the files.
Method 2. Determine unused applications on your computer
Determine which applications can be removed from your computer. Most often they are:
- Applications that were installed automatically alongside other applications, such as browsers or file managers. These applications are often configured to run at startup. This means that they not only take up space on your computer, but also slow it down.
- Applications without a current license. Remove these applications if you don’t plan to renew the license for them.
- Unused applications that were installed to complete one or two specific tasks. These are often file converters, photo or video editors, music players, and educational applications.
Method 3. Delete unwanted files
Such files include:
- Files with the extensions TMP, TEMP, BAK, OLD and similar. Usually these files are left behind after editing documents or settings.
- Duplicate files. It’s almost always possible to find identical folders of photos, videos, music or documents on a computer.
- Files that you have used only once or twice. These could be films that have already watched, but forgot to delete.
Delete them manually or use a special application for finding unwanted files.