“Unknown error” during activating a Kaspersky application
When activating a Kaspersky application you can encounter the "Unknown error” message.
Install the latest version of the application.
- Download the installer from the Kaspersky website:
You can no longer download Kaspersky Security Cloud. Switch to our new Kaspersky Premium solution.
- Kaspersky Standard
- Kaspersky Plus
- Kaspersky Premium
- Kaspersky Internet Security
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Kaspersky Total Security
- Kaspersky Small Office Security
- Kaspersky Free
- Uninstall the current version of the application. For instructions, see this article.
- Restart your PC.
- Run the installation file and follow the instructions from these articles:
- Try to activate the application once again.
What to do if the issue persists
If the issue persists, contact Kaspersky Customer Service.
Customer Service is not provided for Kaspersky Free. You can ask a question about your issue on our Forum or look it up in the existing topics.
If you require full Customer Service, purchase one of the supported Kaspersky applications for home.