“Unknown error” during activation
Latest update: April 04, 2023 ID: 11010
When activating a Kaspersky application, you may encounter the “Unknown error” message.
Install the latest version of the application.
- Download the installer from the Kaspersky website:
- Uninstall the current version of the application. For instructions, see this article.
- Reboot the your computer.
- Run the installation file and follow the instructions in these articles:
- Try to activate the application once again.
What to do if the issue persists
If the issue persists, submit a request to Kaspersky Customer Service by choosing the topic and filling out the form.
Customer Service for Kaspersky Free is not provided. You can ask a question about your issue on our Forum or look it up in the existing topics.
If you want full Customer Service, buy and install a supported Kaspersky application for home.