Error “Could not enable some protection components”
Latest update: January 24, 2023 ID: 13409
Your Kaspersky application shows the error message “Could not enable some protection components” or “An update error has occurred”.
An error occurred during installation of the application.
- Check if the Base Filtering Engine service is present in the system and enabled See this article for instructions.
- If Base Filtering Engine is enabled, but the issue persists, try reinstalling the application:
- Download the installer for the latest version of the application that you are using
- Remove the application. In the Saving objects window, select the License information or Subscription details checkbox. See this article for instructions.
- Restart your PC.
- Run the installation file and follow the instructions in these articles:
- The application will be activated automatically. If this doesn’t happen, activate the application manually. See the Online Help page for instructions.
What to do if the issue persists
If the issue persists, submit a request to Kaspersky customer service by choosing the topic and filling out the form.
You can look up your problem on our Forum or create a new topic with a detailed description of the issue.
If you require full customer service, proceed to the paid version of a Kaspersky application. For example, Kaspersky Internet Security.