A scan task freezes or stops
This article concerns:
- Kaspersky Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium
- Kaspersky Security Cloud
- Kaspersky Internet Security
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Kaspersky Total Security
- Kaspersky Small Office Security
A scan task (quick scan, full scan or selective scan) freezes or stops.
- Hardware of your computer does not meet system requirements for Kaspersky applications.
- iChecker or iSwift technologies are disabled in the settings of a Kaspersky application. For details about iChecker and iSwift, see Online Help.
- Make sure your computer meets the system requirements. For system requirements, see Online Help:
- Enable iChecker and iSwift. See the guide below.
How to enable iChecker and iSwift
- Open Security.
- Click Choose scan.
- Click the icon for Quick scan.
- Click Advanced settings.
- Scroll down to Scan technologies and select the checkboxes for iSwift technology and iChecker technology.
- Click Save and confirm your action if required.
iSwift and iChecker are enabled.
Repeat steps 3-6 for Full Scan and Selective Scan tasks.
What to do if the issue persists
If the issue persists, contact Kaspersky technical support by choosing the topic and filling out the form.
In your request:
- Attach a report made with the Kaspersky Get System Info tool.
- If the scan stops at the same file, add its name and location.