After deploying the application on client computers, to work with Kaspersky Endpoint Security from Kaspersky Security Center Web Console you need to perform the following actions:
- In the Administration Console, go to the folder Administration Server → Tasks.
The list of tasks opens.
- Click the New task button.
The Task Wizard starts. Follow the instructions of the Wizard.
Step 1. Selecting task type
Select Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows (11.7.0) → Virus scan.
Step 2. Scan scope
Create the list of objects that Kaspersky Endpoint Security will scan while performing a scan task.
Step 3. Kaspersky Endpoint Security action
Choose the action on threat detection:
- Disinfect; delete if disinfection fails. If this option is selected, Kaspersky Endpoint Security automatically attempts to disinfect all infected files that are detected. If disinfection fails, Kaspersky Endpoint Security deletes the files.
- Disinfect; inform if disinfection fails. If this option is selected, Kaspersky Endpoint Security automatically attempts to disinfect all infected files that are detected. If disinfection is not possible, Kaspersky Endpoint Security adds the information about the infected files that are detected to the list of active threats.
- Inform. If this option is selected, Kaspersky Endpoint Security adds the information about infected files to the list of active threats on detection of these files.
- Run Advanced Disinfection immediately. If the check box is selected, Kaspersky Endpoint Security uses the Advanced Disinfection technology to treat active threats during the scan.
Advanced disinfection technology is aimed at purging the operating system of malicious applications that have already started their processes in RAM and that prevent Kaspersky Endpoint Security from removing them by using other methods. The threat is neutralized as a result. While Advanced Disinfection is in progress, you are advised to refrain from starting new processes or editing the operating system registry. The advanced disinfection technology uses considerable operating system resources, which may slow down other applications. After the advanced disinfection is complete, Kaspersky Endpoint Security will restart the computer without asking the user for confirmation.
Configure the task run mode using the Run only when the computer is idle check box. This check box enables / disables the function that suspends the Virus scan task when computer resources are limited. Kaspersky Endpoint Security pauses the Virus scan task if the screensaver is off and the computer is unlocked.
Step 4. Selecting the devices to which the task will be assigned
Select the computers on which the task will be performed. The following options are available:
- Assign the task to an administration group. In this case, the task is assigned to computers included in a previously created administration group.
- Select computers detected by the Administration Server in the network: unassigned devices. The specific devices can include devices in administration groups as well as unassigned devices.
- Specify device addresses manually, or import addresses from a list. You can specify NetBIOS names, IP addresses, and IP subnets of devices to which you want to assign the task.
Step 5. Selecting the account to run the task
Select an account to run the Virus Scan task. By default, Kaspersky Endpoint Security starts the task with the rights of a local user account. If the scan scope includes network drives or other objects with restricted access, select a user account with the sufficient access rights.
Step 6. Configuring a task start schedule
Configure a schedule for starting a task, for example, manually or after anti-virus databases are downloaded to the repository.
Step 7. Defining the task name
Enter a name for the task, for example,
Daily full scan.
Step 8. Completing task creation
Exit the Wizard. If necessary, select the Run the task after the Wizard finishes check box. You can monitor the progress of the task in the task properties. As a result, the Virus Scan task will be executed on the user computers in accordance to the specified schedule.