Encryption functionality limitations
Creating new partitions on encrypted hard drives as well as formatting existing partitions of encrypted hard drives may cause data loss on these hard drives.
Hard drive encryption using Kaspersky Disk Encryption technology is unavailable for hard drives that do not meet the hardware and software requirements.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security does not support the following configurations:
- The boot loader is located on one drive while the operating system is on a different drive.
- The system contains embedded software of the UEFI 32 standard.
- Intel® Rapid Start Technology and drives that have a hibernation partition even when Intel® Rapid Start Technology is disabled.
- Drives in MBR format with more than four extended partitions.
- Swap file located on a non-system drive.
- Multiboot system with several simultaneously installed operating systems.
- Dynamic partitions (only primary partitions are supported).
- Drives with less than 2% free unfragmented disk space.
- Drives with a sector size different from 512 bytes or 4096 bytes that emulate 512 bytes.
- Hybrid drives.