Deployment using Kaspersky Security Center
February 12, 2024
- Your IT infrastructure must meet the hardware and software requirements of Kaspersky Managed Detection and Response.
- For ports 443 and 1443 on each asset that you want to protect, outgoing non-SSL traffic is allowed and traffic inspection is disabled. These ports are used for transferring telemetry data from the assets to the following Kaspersky servers:
Deployment of Kaspersky Managed Detection and Response by using Kaspersky Security Center proceeds in stages:
- Activation of the solution
Activate the Kaspersky Managed Detection and Response solution with your license.
- Installing EPP applications
Ensure that you have installed the EPP applications that support Kaspersky Managed Detection and Response functionality on your assets.
- Downloading the MDR configuration file
- Kaspersky Private Security Network (KPSN) configuration
Set up KPSN on your assets by using your KSN configuration file from the MDR configuration file.
This step ensures that telemetry is sent to dedicated servers that comply are compliant with GDPR. If you do not set up Private KSN, your telemetry is not transmitted, and the Kaspersky Managed Detection and Response service is not provided.
- Integration with EPP applications
Perform the application-specific deployment scenarios for all the Kaspersky applications installed on your assets:
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Mac
- Kaspersky Security for Windows Server
- Kaspersky Security for Virtualization 5.2 Light Agent
- Kaspersky Anti-Targeted Attack Platform
If you have more than one Kaspersky application installed in your infrastructure, you can perform the application-specific scenarios in any order.
You can check the status of your assets by using the MDR Health functionality.