Adding generated rules to the Device Control rules list
August 3, 2023
To add the generated lists of allowing rules to the Device Control task:
- Open the Device Control rules window.
- Click the Add button.
- In the Add button context menu select the Import rules from XML file option.
- Select the principle for adding the automatically generated allowing rules to the list of previously created Device Control rules:
- Merge with existing rules, if you want to add the imported rules to the list of existing rules. Rules with identical settings are not duplicated. If at least one rule setting is unique, the rule is added.
- Add to existing rules, if you want to add the imported rules to the list of existing rules. Rules with identical settings are duplicated.
- Replace existing rules, if you want to replace the existing rules with the imported rules. In the standard window of Microsoft Windows that opens, select XML files created after completion of the Rule Generator for Device Control group task.
- Click the Open button.
All generated rules from the XML file are added to the list according to the selected principle.
- Click the Save button in the Device Control rules window.
- If you want to apply generated Device Control rules, select the Device Control task mode in the Active policy settings.
Allowing rules automatically generated based on system data on each separate protected device are applied to all network protected devices covered by the policy being configured. On these protected devices, the application will allow connection of only those devices for which allowing rules have been created.