Migrating settings from previous application version
August 3, 2023
The applications remain unchanged during the update with respect to:
- application and task settings
- task logs and system audit log, as well as entries in the Windows Event Log
- contents of Quarantine and Backup
- accounts under which tasks are started
- user access permissions for application management
- settings for notifications about the operation of tasks.
During an upgrade, the applications are reset or changed to the default values for the new version of the application with respect to:
- all counters, including anti-virus database statuses
- data about installed updates of application modules and anti-virus databases
- task statuses
- user access permissions for managing the Kaspersky Security Service
- application and task settings configured through the registry
- application and task settings that were changed during the installation of critical fixes.
Migrating the list of blocked network sessions
The list of blocked network sessions of client computers is not migrated during an application update.
The settings for automatically unblocking access to blocked network file resources remain unchanged during an application update.
If you are upgrading Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes version 2.6 or 3.0, consider that the new version of the application changes the mechanism for blocking network sessions of client computers from which malicious file or encryption activity was detected:
- There is no Untrusted Hosts Blocking task.
- The setting that enables blocking of network sessions is available in the Real-Time File Protection and Anti-Cryptor tasks;
- Compromised network sessions are shown in the list of blocked network sessions.
- Settings for automatically unblocking access to compromised network sessions of a client computer are configured in the properties of the list of blocked network sessions.
Migrating Applications Launch Control settings and rules
During an application upgrade, Applications Launch Control rules are migrated without changes.
When updating the application, we recommend that you stop the Applications Launch Control task if it is running in active mode, or change the task to Statistics only mode.
After completing an update of the application, we recommend checking the migrated Applications Launch Control rules and their operation in Statistics only mode.
Migrating values of Firewall Management settings and rules
When the application is being updated, the rules for the Firewall Management task are migrated without changes.
If the Firewall Management component was not installed in a previous version of the application, after the application upgrade, the Firewall Management task runs in Observe the state of Windows Firewall mode.
If the Firewall Management component was installed in a previous version of the application, the Firewall Management task runs in Control the operation of Windows Firewall mode after the application upgrade.
Kaspersky Security Network Statement
The KSN Usage task may be stopped after an application update if the update added functions to Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes 3.2 that are not available in the previously installed version and require additional information. To continue using KSN after updating the application, you must read and accept the terms of the KSN Statement.