Creating NSX Transport Node Profile
December 13, 2023
The NSX Transport Node Profile is created in VMware NSX Manager Web Console, in the System → Fabric → Profiles section on the Transport Node Profiles tab.
Specify the following settings:
- Name – an arbitrary name for the new NSX Transport Node Profile.
- In the New Node Switch section:
- Type – switch type. If you want to use a VDS switch, create a Distributed Virtual Switch (dvSwitch) in your Datacenter.
- Mode –
- Name – depending on the selected switch type:
- If you selected N-VDS – an arbitrary name of the switch that will be created as a result of applying the NSX Transport Node Profile on VMware ESXi hypervisors.
- If you selected VDS – VMware vCenter Server name and Distributed Virtual Switch name.
- Transport Zone – NSX Transport Zone of the Overlay type, to which protected virtual machines are connected.
- Uplink Profile –
- IP Assignment (TEP) – a way to assign IP addresses in the virtual infrastructure: using DHCP or using a static pool of IP addresses. If you use pools of IP addresses, preconfigure and select the pool of IP addresses for the tunnel endpoints on hypervisors in the field below.
- Teaming Policy Uplink Mapping – if you select the N-VDS switch type, you can specify the physical network interface. The N-VDS switch will be created based on this interface as a result of applying the NSX Transport Node Profile on the VMware ESXi hypervisors.