Information about the assignment of file protection settings using the virtual infrastructure tree
December 13, 2023
If the Use virtual infrastructure tree option is selected in the drop-down list located in the upper part of the window, the Protected infrastructure section displays a tree of objects of the VMware virtual infrastructure and the protection profiles assigned to objects of the virtual infrastructure.
The protected infrastructure is displayed as a tree of items:
- In the properties of a policy for one VMware vCenter Server, you will see the protected infrastructure of the "VMware vCenter Agentless" cluster: the root element is the VMware vCenter Server, and under it you will see Datacenter objects, VMware clusters, resource pools, vApp objects, and virtual machines.
- In the properties of a policy for the entire protected infrastructure, the root element is the Integration Server, and under it you will see all VMware vCenter Servers, each containing the protected infrastructure of the "VMware vCenter Agentless" cluster corresponding to this VMware vCenter Server.
- In the properties of the tenant policy located in the Managed devices folder of the virtual Administration Server, the root element is the "Cloud Director organization" object that combines all virtual Datacenters of the tenant. Under this object there are all virtual machines within the Cloud Director organization that corresponds to this virtual Administration Server.
If the virtual infrastructure contains two or more virtual machines with the same ID (vmID), only one virtual machine appears in the object tree. If this virtual machine has been assigned a protection profile, the settings of this protection profile are applied to all virtual machines that have the same ID (vmID).
The Protection profile column displays information about the assignment of protection profiles to objects of the protected infrastructure. Kaspersky Security uses the settings of assigned protection profiles when protecting virtual machines.
The Protection profile field may contain the following values:
- Name of the protection profile that is assigned to a virtual machine or to a VMware virtual infrastructure object.
- Protection profile name, inherited from the parent object and displayed as "
inherited: <N>", where <N> – is the name of the inherited protection profile.
inherited: (Not assigned)– if the protection profile was not assigned or its assignment has been canceled (the Do not use protection profile value was selected). Virtual machines or virtual infrastructure objects that have no assigned protection profile are excluded from protection.