Configuring the settings for connecting to network data storage
December 13, 2023
At this step, you can configure the following settings for using network data storage:
- Allow or block the use of network data storage for SVMs.
- Specify the settings for connecting SVMs to network data storage.
Network data storage can be used for storing backup copies of files that have been moved to Backups on SVMs. By default, SVMs do not use network data storage.
If you want to allow the use of network data storage for SVMs, select the Use network data storage option and define the following settings for connecting to storage:
- Network data storage address in UNC format.
The defined address cannot be localhost or 127.0.0.1.
- Account used by SVMs to connect to the network data storage, in the format <domain>\<user name>.
- Connection account password.
Proceed to the next step of the wizard.
The Wizard checks whether it can connect to the network data storage using the specified settings.
If checking the connection settings ends with an error, the Wizard window displays an error message and you cannot proceed to the next step of the Wizard. If you want to correct the entered settings, click Cancel. If the settings have been entered correctly, you can ignore the error message. If this is the case, click Continue to proceed to the next step of the Wizard.