Changing settings of Kaspersky Security
December 13, 2023
You can use the procedure for changing settings of the Kaspersky Security to perform the following actions:
- Change the settings for connecting the Integration Server to VMware NSX Manager in which the Integration Server registers Kaspersky Security services. The type of the new VMware NSX Manager must match the type specified when registering Kaspersky Security services.
- Change the address and port used by VMware NSX Manager to transmit information to the Integration Server.
- Change the SVM images that were specified when registering Kaspersky Security services. After Reconfiguration Wizard finishes, the Integration Server will re-register the services with the new settings and you can deploy SVMs from the new image.
Actions to be performed for deployment of new SVMs depend on the type of VMware NSX Manager you use: VMware NSX-T Manager or VMware NSX-V Manager.
In the infrastructure managed by VMware NSX-T Manager, do the following:
- In VMware NSX Manager Web Console, select the desired Kaspersky Security service in the System → Service Deployments section, on the Deployment tab, in the Partner Service field, then select the previous service deployment in the list and perform the Delete action (the list of available actions is opened using the button to the left of the deployment name).
- Redeploy Kaspersky Security service on the same VMware cluster. During deployment, select the desired SVM configuration in the Deployment Specification field.
To deploy new SVMs in the infrastructure managed by VMware NSX-V Manager, select the Kaspersky Security service deployment in the list in the Networking & Security → Installation and Upgrade section on the Service Deployment tab of VMware vSphere Client console, and perform the Upgrade action.
As a result, the new SVMs will be deployed in the virtual infrastructure.
- Specify the SVM image for Kaspersky Security service that was not registered before (if while registering Kaspersky Security services you registered only one of the two services). After the Reconfiguration Wizard finishes, you can deploy Kaspersky Security service on VMware clusters. Deployment is performed in VMware NSX Manager Web Console or in VMware vSphere Client console (depending on the type of VMware NSX Manager you use: VMware NSX-T Manager or VMware NSX-V Manager). As a result, SVMs with Kaspersky Security components are deployed on VMware ESXi hypervisors.
- Change the following SVM settings:
- IP address of the Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server and SSL port that the SVM will use to connect to Kaspersky Security Center.
- Address and port used for connecting SVMs to Integration Server.
- Configuration password and root account password on the SVM.
- Time zone that is used on all SVMs.
- Settings for connecting SVMs to network data storage.
The listed settings are applied for configuration of the new SVMs that you deploy after the Wizard finishes, and for reconfiguration of the previously deployed SVMs with installed components of Kaspersky Security for Virtualization 6.1 Agentless.
If the localization language of previously deployed SVMs differs from the localization language of the Integration Server Console in which you start the Kaspersky Security reconfiguration procedure, the localization language of SVMs changes as a result of this procedure. The localization language of the Integration Server Console is applied on SVMs.
If, after updating the application, SVMs continue to work in your virtual infrastructure with Kaspersky Security components of the previous version and you want to change the settings of these SVMs, install an additional Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console on a separate workstation and install the main administration plug-in for Kaspersky Security, Integration Server, and Integration Server consoles of the previous version. As a result, the Integration Server console of the previous version will be installed on this workstation. You can use this console to change the settings of the SVMs with Kaspersky Security components of the previous version. For information on the changing the SVM settings for the previous application version, refer to the documentation of the previous Kaspersky Security version.
To change settings of Kaspersky Security:
- Start the Integration Server Console.
The Virtual infrastructure protection section opens.
- In the list, select the VMware vCenter Server and expand the list of available actions by clicking the address or name of the VMware vCenter Server in the Address column.
- In the Manage protection section, select Change settings of Kaspersky Security.
This starts the Reconfiguration Wizard. Follow the wizard instructions.