About the Integration Server
December 13, 2023
The Integration Server is a Kaspersky Security component that enables interaction between Kaspersky Security components and a VMware virtual infrastructure.
The Integration Server is used for performing the following tasks:
- Registration of Kaspersky Security services in VMware NSX Manager: the file system protection service (Kaspersky File Antimalware Protection) and the network protection service (Kaspersky Network Protection). Kaspersky Security services are required for installation of application components in a VMware infrastructure.
The settings required for registration and deployment of Kaspersky Security services are entered in a Wizard that is started from the Integration Server Console.
- Configuring new SVMs and reconfiguring previously deployed SVMs. The Integration Server sends SVMs the settings that you specify in the Integration Server Console.
- Retrieval of information about a virtual infrastructure (about hypervisors and virtual machines operating on each hypervisor) from VMware vCenter Server and transmission of retrieved information to application components. The Kaspersky Security administration plug-in and SVMs query the Integration Server for information about the virtual infrastructure.
- Configuring the list of mappings between Cloud Director organizations and Kaspersky Security Center virtual Administration Servers. If you use Kaspersky Security in multitenancy mode, set mapping between a virtual Administration Server and a Cloud Director organization containing the tenant virtual machines, to protect the virtual infrastructure of each tenant organization. The list of mappings is configured in the Integration Server Console.
During its operation, the Integration Server saves the following information:
- Integration Server connection settings, including passwords for Integration Server accounts
- Settings for connecting the Integration Server to VMware vCenter Server, VMware Cloud Director, and VMware NSX Manager
- SVM settings, including passwords of the root and klconfig accounts used on SVMs
- List of protected virtual machines, including the time of last events that occurred during protection and scanning of file system objects and during scanning of network traffic and web addresses
All data except the list of protected virtual machines is securely stored. Information is stored on the computer on which Integration Server is installed and is not sent to Kaspersky.