Application upgrade in the infrastructure managed by VMware NSX-V Manager
December 13, 2023
An upgrade consists of the following steps:
- Update of VMware NSX for vSphere and other VMware virtual infrastructure components to supported versions.
If the VMware clusters protected by Kaspersky Security include VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 3, perform the following actions:
- For all VMware clusters that include one or more VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 3 hypervisors, remove all SVMs. SVM removal is performed by deleting Kaspersky Security service deployments in the VMware vSphere Client console (in the Networking & Security → Installation and Upgrade section on the Service Deployment tab, perform the Delete action).
- Upgrade all VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 3 hypervisors to supported versions or remove all VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 3 hypervisors from the VMware clusters that you want to protect using Kaspersky Security.
- Update of administration plug-ins for Kaspersky Security, Integration Server, and Integration Server Console.
- Updating SVMs with Kaspersky Security components in the virtual infrastructure.
If you want to use the application in multitenancy mode, it is recommended to configure the settings for connecting the Integration Server to the VMware Cloud Director Server before updating SVMs.
When an SVM with the File Threat Protection component is updated, the copies of files that were placed in Backup are automatically deleted.
- Removing SVMs with the components of the previous application version from Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console. To ensure correct calculation of the licensing restrictions, manually remove SVMs from Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console after the application update is completed.
After an upgrade is complete, you are advised to make sure that the application is prepared for operation on new SVMs.
After upgrading the application, you can use policies and tasks configured for the previous Kaspersky Security version. The policies and tasks are automatically converted to the policies and tasks for Kaspersky Security for Virtualization 6.1 Agentless after policy protection settings and task scan settings are edited and saved for the first time.