Configuring the use of Kaspersky Security Network
December 13, 2023
KSN usage by Kaspersky Security is configured in the policy settings. If KSN usage is enabled in the active policy, KSN services are used in the operation of Kaspersky Security during virtual machine protection and when executing virtual machine scan tasks.
If the policy with the enabled use of KSN is inactive, KSN services are not used in the operation of Kaspersky Security.
If you want Kaspersky Security to use the KSN, please make sure the required KSN type is configured in Kaspersky Security Center. To use Global KSN, the KSN proxy server service must be enabled in Kaspersky Security Center. To use Private KSN, it must be enabled and configured in Kaspersky Security Center. The KSN Proxy service and Private KSN can be configured in the properties of the Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server in the KSN proxy server section. See Kaspersky Security Center documentation for more information.
To configure the use of KSN by Kaspersky Security:
- In the Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console, open the properties of the policy whose scope includes the relevant virtual machines:
- In the console tree, select the folder or administration group in which the policy was created.
- In the workspace, select the Policies tab.
- Select a policy in the list of policies and double-click the policy to open the Properties: <Policy name> window.
- In the policy properties window, select the KSN settings section.
- If you want the application to use Global KSN in its operations:
- Select the Use KSN check box.
- In the opened window, read the Kaspersky Security Network Statement.
- If you agree with all the terms of the Statement, select I have read, understand, and accept the terms of this Kaspersky Security Network Statement and click OK.
- By default, Global KSN is used in extended mode. The KSN mode affects the amount of data that is automatically transmitted to Kaspersky when KSN is being used. If you want to disable the use of extended KSN, clear the Use extended KSN check box.
- If you want to disable the use of Global KSN, clear the Use KSN check box.
- If you want the application to use Private KSN in its operations, select the Use Private KSN check box.
- If you want to disable the use of Private KSN, clear the Use Private KSN check box.
- In the Properties: <Policy name> window, click OK.