Preparing for application installation
December 13, 2023
Before installing Kaspersky Security components, perform the following:
- Check whether the Kaspersky Security Center components and VMware components meet the software requirements of Kaspersky Security.
- Prepare the virtual infrastructure for application installation. The preparatory steps depend on the type of VMware NSX Manager you use: VMware NSX-T Manager or VMware NSX-V Manager.
- You can download the files required for the installation of the application from Kaspersky website.
The file necessary for running the Kaspersky Security components Installation Wizard and SVM images are also available for downloading in the Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console in the list of current versions of Kaspersky applications. The list of the current application versions is displayed in the workspace of the Administration Server <Server name> node on the Monitoring tab in the Update section by clicking the View current versions of Kaspersky applications link. You can filter the list by Virtualization value.
- Prepare SVM images:
- Make sure the SVM images are received from a trusted source (for more information about validating the SVM image, refer to the application page in the Knowledge Base).
- Place all SVM image files in the same folder on a network resource that is accessible over the HTTP or HTTPS protocol. For example, you can publish SVM images on the Kaspersky Security Center Web Server.
The path to the folder with SVM image files must not contain special characters and the characters of the national alphabets.
- In the settings of the network hardware or software used for traffic monitoring, open the ports that are required for the application operation.
- Configure the settings of the accounts that are required for installation and operation of the application.
- If you are planning to use network data storage for SVMs, create a network folder for hosting the network data storage and a user account for connecting SVMs. Network data storage is used for storing backup copies of files that have been moved to Backups on SVMs.
An SMB network folder accessible via the SMBv3 protocol is required for network data storage. The amount of space necessary for the network data storage can be estimated based on the following formula: (N+1) GB, where N is the number of SVMs that connect to the network data storage.
You need to make sure that the amount of space allocated for network data storage is sufficient for storing backup copies of files. Kaspersky Security does not monitor availability of free space in the network data storage and does not notify you if backup copies of files cannot be stored. It is recommended to use third-party tools to monitor the available space in the network folder.