Updating application databases on new SVMs
December 13, 2023
After installing the Kaspersky Security administration plug-in, the application database update task is automatically created. This task is started each time an update package is downloaded to the storage of Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server, and it lets you update the application databases on all SVMs. You can use the automatically created database update task. If necessary, you can change the settings of this task or delete it, and configure the application database update task for SVMs of one or several KSC clusters belonging to one administration group.
To update the application databases after the application is installed or upgraded:
- Make sure that a download updates to the storage task has been created in Kaspersky Security Center. If the download updates to the storage task does not exist, create it (see the Kaspersky Security Center documentation).
- Manually start the download updates to the storage task or wait for a scheduled task to start automatically. Make sure that the download updates to the storage task has been completed successfully (see Kaspersky Security Center documentation for details).
- Make sure that an application database update task has been created in Kaspersky Security Center.
The application database update task that was automatically created after installation of the Kaspersky Security administration plug-in is located on the Tasks tab in the Managed devices folder.
If the application database update task has not been created, create it.
- Wait for the application database update task to start according to the schedule or manually start the task.
- Make sure that the application database update task has been completed successfully.
After the application has been installed or upgraded, SVMs relay information to Kaspersky Security Center regarding the type of application databases required for the operation of Kaspersky Security. If Kaspersky Security Center has not yet downloaded the necessary databases to the storage when the database update task is started, the task could end with an error. If this is the case, you can manually start the download updates to the storage task, wait for it to complete, and then manually start the application database update task.
Kaspersky Security checks the integrity of application databases during updates. If this check is unsuccessful, the application database update task ends with an error and Kaspersky Security continues to use the previous set of application databases. If the application database update task ends with an error on new SVMs, you are advised to contact Technical Support. If application databases are missing from SVMs, Kaspersky Security will not protect the virtual machines.