About application user accounts
Aug 21, 2023
Kaspersky Security 8 for Linux Mail Server provides the following accounts:
- Web interface administrator account for working in the program web interface.
- The HelpDesk account is used for obtaining restricted access to program settings.
- Program user account.
The program web interface administrator account is created when preparing the program for operation and is intended for employees of your organization who are tasked with managing Kaspersky Security 8 for Linux Mail Server through the program web interface.
The HelpDesk account is designed for obtaining restricted access to program settings. Using the HelpDesk account, the program web interface administrator can grant another user the rights to perform certain operations, for example, to investigate incidents with messages in Backup.
Program user accounts are intended for employees of your organization who use email addresses of your organization.
A program user can access the following operations in the web interface of Kaspersky Security 8 for Linux Mail Server:
- Modifying custom black lists and white lists of addresses.
- Finding message copies in Backup.
- Viewing information about messages in Backup.
- Delivering a message from Backup to a recipient.
The value of this setting is assigned in Backup settings.