Black and white lists of addresses
Aug 21, 2023
Black and white lists of addresses can be used to fine-tune the mail system's response to messages that are not spam officially (such as news feeds).
There are two types of black and white lists of addresses:
- Custom. They contain addresses of mail senders for the given recipient. A custom white list of addresses allows messages to pass through without spam scanning. The messages are still scanned for phishing, viruses, and other threats, and content filtering is also performed.
- Global. Contain the addresses of mail senders and recipients. You can specify such lists in the preset BlackList and WhiteList message processing rules. You can also create rules and specify the addresses of senders and recipients whose messages should be rejected without scanning, deleted without notifying the sender, or skipped without scanning.
Messages whose sender and recipients have their addresses on a global black or white list of addresses are processed as follows:
- If the addresses of the sender and recipients of a message are on a global black list of addresses, the program rejects the message or deletes it without notifying the sender.
- If the addresses of the sender and recipients of a message are on a global white list of addresses, the program skips the message without scanning it.
- If the addresses of the sender and recipients of a message are both on the global white list and the global black list of addresses, the program processes the message according to a rule with a higher priority.
A message is processed according to the rule of a custom white list or personal black list of addresses if the rules of the global black list and global white list of addresses do not apply to it.
A message whose sender has his address on a custom black or white list of addresses is processed as follows:
- If the mail sender's address is on a custom black list of addresses and one of the addresses of the message recipients belongs to the owner of the custom black list of addresses, the message is not delivered to the recipient who owns the custom black list. Depending on the action configured for messages from senders on a custom black list, the program deletes or rejects the message. The program can also place the message in Backup.
- If the sender's address is on a custom white list of addresses, the message is delivered to the recipient depending on the results of an Anti-Virus scan, Phishing scan, Content Filtering, Mail Sender Authentication, and KATA scan of the message.
- If the sender's address is both on a custom white list and black list of addresses, the message is processed according to the rules of the personal white list of addresses.