Creating a trace file
Oct 22, 2023
To create a trace file:
- Open the main application window.
- In the lower part of the main application window, click the Support button.
The Support window opens.
- Click the Tracing link to open the Tracing window
- In the Level drop-down list, select the level of detail for the trace file.
You are advised to clarify the required level of detail with a Kaspersky Technical Support specialist. The default value is Diagnostic (300).
- Click the Enable button to start tracing.
- Reproduce the situation which caused the problem.
- Click the Disable button to stop tracing.
Created trace files are stored in /var/log/kaspersky/kesl/ directory. Trace files contain information about the operating system, and may also contain personal data.