Installation using the Protection Deployment Wizard
Oct 22, 2023
The TCP ports 139 and 445, and the UDP ports 137 and 138 must be opened on a client device.
To deploy Kaspersky Endpoint Security:
- In Web Console main window, select Device discovery and deployment → Deployment and assignment → Protection Deployment Wizard.
The Protection Deployment Wizard starts.
- Follow the instructions of the Protection Deployment Wizard.
Step 1. Selecting an installation package
At this step, select the Kaspersky Endpoint Security installation package from the list of installation packages. If the package is not available in the list, click Add and select the Kaspersky Endpoint Security distribution kit from the list. The installation package is created automatically.
You can configure the installation package settings using the Web Console.
Step 2. Application activation
At this step, you can add a license key to the installation package to activate the application. This step is optional. If the Administration Server contains a license key with automatic distribution functionality, the key will be automatically added later. You can also activate the application later using the Add Key task.
Step 3. Selecting a Network Agent
At this step, select the version of the Network Agent that will be installed together with Kaspersky Endpoint Security. The Network Agent facilitates interaction between the Administration Server and client devices. If the Network Agent is already installed on the device, it is not installed again.
Step 4. Selecting devices to install the application
At this step, select the devices to install the application. The following options are available:
- Specify an administration group. The task is assigned to the devices included in a previously created administration group.
- Specify a device selection. The task is assigned to devices included in the device selection. You can specify one of the existing device selections.
Step 5. Configuring advanced installation settings
At this step, configure the following advanced application installation settings:
- Force installation package download. Selecting the application installation method:
- Using the Network Agent. If the Network Agent is not installed on the device, first the Network Agent is installed using the operating system tools. Then, Kaspersky Endpoint Security is installed by means of the Network Agent.
- Using operating system resources through distribution points. The installation package is delivered to the client devices using the operating system tools via the distribution points. You can select this option if there is at least one distribution point in the network. A distribution point is a device with Network Agent installed that is used for update distribution, remote installation of applications, and retrieval of information about devices in the network. For more details about distribution points, refer to Kaspersky Security Center documentation.
- Using operating system resources through Administration Server. Files are delivered to the client devices by means of the operating system tools using the Administration Server. You can select this option if the Network Agent is not installed on the client device, but this device belongs to the same network as the Administration Server.
- Do not re-install the application if it is already installed. Clear this check box if you want to install an earlier version of the application, for example.
- Assign package installation in the Active Directory group policies. Kaspersky Endpoint Security is installed by means of the Network Agent or manually by means of Active Directory®. To install Network Agent, the remote installation task must be run with domain administrator privileges.
Step 6. Device restart management
At this step, you can select an action to be performed if the device restart is required. When installing the application, device restart is not required. Restart is required only if you have to remove incompatible applications before installation. Restart may also be required when updating the application version.
Step 7. Removing incompatible applications
This step is displayed if applications incompatible with Kaspersky Endpoint Security are installed on the client device.
At this step, carefully review the list of incompatible applications and allow the removal of these applications. If incompatible applications are installed on the client device, Kaspersky Endpoint Security installation finishes with an error.
Step 8. Assigning to an administration group
At this step, select an administration group where to move the client devices after the Network Agent installation. Moving devices to the administration group is necessary for applying policies and group tasks. If a device is already assigned to an administration group, it will not be re-assigned. If you do not select an administration group, the devices are added to the Unassigned devices group.
Step 9. Selecting an account for accessing the client devices
At this step, select the account used for installing Network Agent using the tools of the operating system. In this case, administrator rights are required for accessing the client device. You can add multiple accounts. If an account does not have sufficient rights, the Installation Wizard uses the next account. If you install Kaspersky Endpoint Security by means of the Network Agent, you do not have to select an account.
Step 10. Starting installation
Exiting the Wizard. The remote application installation task is started automatically. You can monitor the task execution progress in the task properties in the Results section.