Creating a remote installation task
Oct 22, 2023
To create a remote installation task:
- In the main window of Web Console, select Devices → Tasks.
The list of tasks opens.
- Click Add.
The Task Wizard starts.
- Follow the Task wizard instructions.
Step 1. Configuring general task settings
At this step, configure the general settings of the task:
- In the Application drop-down list, select Kaspersky Security Center.
- In the Task type drop-down list, select Install application remotely.
- In the Task name field, enter a short description.
- In the Select devices to which the task will be assigned section, select the task scope.
Step 2. Selecting devices to install the application
At this step, select the devices where to install Kaspersky Endpoint Security according to the selected task scope.
Step 3. Configuring an installation package
At this step, configure the settings of the installation package:
- Select the Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.4.0 for Linux installation package.
- Select the Network Agent installation package.
The selected version of the Network Agent will be installed together with Kaspersky Endpoint Security. The Network Agent facilitates interaction between the Administration Server and client devices. If the Network Agent is already installed on the device, it is not installed again.
- In the Force installation package download section, select the application installation method:
- Using the Network Agent. If the Network Agent is not installed on the device, first the Network Agent is installed using the operating system tools. Then Kaspersky Endpoint Security is installed by means of the Network Agent.
- Using operating system resources through distribution points. The installation package is delivered to the client devices using the operating system tools via the distribution points. You can select this option if there is at least one distribution point in the network. For more details about distribution points, refer to Kaspersky Security Center documentation.
- Using operating system resources through Administration Server. Files are delivered to the client devices by means of the operating system tools using the Administration Server. You can select this option if the Network Agent is not installed on the client device, but the client device belongs to the same network as the Administration Server.
- In the Maximum number of concurrent downloads field, set a limit on the number of installation package download requests sent to the Administration Server. The limit on the number of requests allows avoiding network overload.
- In the Maximum number of installation attempts field, specify the limit on the number of attempts to install the application. If the application installation finishes with an error, the task will automatically start installation again.
- If necessary, clear the Do not install application if it is already installed check box. It allows, for example, to install one of the previous versions of the application.
- If necessary, select the Assign package installation in Active Directory group policies check box. The application is installed by means of the Network Agent or manually by means of Active Directory. To install Network Agent, the remote installation task must be run with domain administrator privileges.
- If necessary, select the Prompt users to close running applications check box. Application installation requires device resources. For the convenience of the user, the Installation Wizard prompts you to close running applications before starting the installation. This helps prevent disruptions in the operation of other applications and prevents possible malfunctions of the device.
- In the Behavior of devices managed by other Administration Servers section, select Kaspersky Endpoint Security installation method. If the network has more than one Administration Server installed, these Administration Servers may see the same client devices. This may cause, for example, an application to be installed remotely on the same client device several times through different Administration Servers, or other conflicts.
- If necessary, in the Device moving mode section, specify a group for moving unassigned devices.
Step 4. Device restart management
At this step, you can select an action to be performed if the device restart is required.
Step 5. Selecting an account to access the device
At this step, select the account used for installing Network Agent using the tools of the operating system. In this case, administrator rights are required for accessing the device. You can add multiple accounts. If an account does not have sufficient rights, the Installation Wizard uses the next account. If you install Kaspersky Endpoint Security by means of the Network Agent, you do not have to select an account.
Step 6. Completing task creation
Complete wizard operations by clicking the Create button. A new task will be displayed in the list of tasks. To run a task, select the check box next to the task and click the Start button. The application will be installed in silent mode.