Oct 22, 2023
Application icon in the notification area
After Kaspersky Endpoint Security graphical user interface package is installed, the application icon appears on the right, in the taskbar notification area.
The application icon acts as a shortcut to the context menu and the main application window. You can open the context menu of an application icon by right-clicking the icon.
The context menu of the application icon contains the following items:
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.4.0 for Linux. Opens the main application window, which displays the protection status of your device and contains interface elements that provide access to the application functions.
- Exit. Exits the application graphical user interface.
Main application window
The main application window is divided into several parts:
- The central part of the main application window displays the protection status of your device. Clicking this part of the window opens the Protection Center window. This window displays information about the protection status of your device and recommendations on the actions to be performed to fix protection problems (if any).
- The Scan button displays the Malware Scan task status and the number of detected threats. Clicking this button opens the Scan window. In this window, you can start and stop the Malware Scan, Critical Areas Scan and Container Scan tasks. Also, you can view reports for these tasks.
- The Update button displays the status of the Update task. Clicking this button opens the Update window. In this window, you can start the Update and Rollback tasks. Also, you can view reports for these tasks.
- The lower part of the main application window contains the following elements:
- Reports button. Clicking this button opens the Reports window, where you can view task statistics and various reports.
- Storage button. Clicking this button opens the Storage window, which contains information about objects in the Storage.
- Setting button. Clicking this button opens the Settings window, where you can enable or disable application monitoring tasks, as well as use the Kaspersky Security Network.
- Support button. Clicking this button opens the Support window, which contains information about the current application version, license key, application database status, operating system, as well as the links to Kaspersky information resources.
- The lower part of the main application window displays information about the license and the key, as well as about licensing problems (if any). Clicking this part of the window opens the License window. This window also displays detailed information about the license. You can also open this window from the Support window using the link with the license key.
To open the main application window, perform one of the following actions:
- Right-click or double-click the application icon in the notification area of the taskbar.
- Select the application name in the application menu of the operating system window manager.