Creating a new task
Oct 22, 2023
To create a task:
- In the main window of Web Console, select Devices → Tasks.
The list of tasks opens.
- Click Add.
The Task Wizard starts.
- In the New task window, configure the task settings:
- In the Program drop-down list, select Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.4.0 for Linux.
- In the Task type drop-down list, select the type of task that you want to create.
- In the Task name field, enter a brief description, for example,
Update the application for Accounting.
- In the Select devices to which the task will be assigned section, select a method for specifying devices.
- Click Next.
- In the Task scope window, select the devices and click Next.
- Complete the wizard.
A new task will be displayed in the list of tasks. The task will have the default settings. To configure the task settings, go to the task properties window. To run a task, select the check box next to the task and click the Start button.
In the list of tasks, you can monitor the task execution results, which include the task status and the statistics for task performance on the devices. You can also create a selection of events to monitor the task execution (Monitoring and reports → Event selections). For details on event selection, refer to Kaspersky Security Center documentation.
Task execution results are also saved locally and in Kaspersky Security Center reports.