Updating from the Administration Server repository
Oct 22, 2023
To save Internet traffic, you can configure updates of application databases and modules on devices on the organization's LAN from a server repository. To do this, in Kaspersky Security Center you need to configure downloading the update package from Kaspersky update servers in the Administration Server repository. Other devices on the organization's LAN will be able to receive the update package from the server repository.
Configuring application database and module updates from the server repository consists of the following steps:
- Download application databases and modules to the Administration Server repository using the Download updates to the Administration Server repository task of Kaspersky Security Center.
- Configure updates of application databases and modules from the Administration Server repository on the remaining hosts using the Update task.
To configure updates of application databases and modules from the Administration Server repository:
- Open the Administration Console of Kaspersky Security Center.
- In the Administration Console tree, select the Tasks folder.
The list of tasks is displayed in the right part of the window.
- In the list of tasks, select the Update task for Kaspersky Endpoint Security and double-click to open the task properties window.
The Update task is created automatically by the Quick Start Wizard.
- In the task properties window, select the Update sources section in the list on the left.
The task settings are displayed in the right part of the window.
- In the Database update source section, select the Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server option.
- Select the Use Kaspersky update servers if other update sources are not available check box if you want to the Update task to use Kaspersky update servers if the Administration Server repository is unavailable.
- Click Apply.