Uninstalling the application using Kaspersky Security Center Web Console
Oct 22, 2023
You can uninstall the application remotely using the Kaspersky Security Center Web Console by means of the uninstall application remotely task. When performing the task, Kaspersky Endpoint Security downloads the application uninstallation utility to the user device. After completing the application uninstallation, the utility is automatically removed.
To uninstall the application:
- In the main window of Web Console, select Devices → Tasks.
The list of tasks opens.
- Click Add.
The Task Wizard starts.
- Follow the Task wizard instructions.
Step 1. Configuring general task settings
At this step, configure the general settings of the task:
- In the Application drop-down list, select Kaspersky Security Center <version number>.
- In the Task type drop-down list, select Uninstall application remotely.
- In the Task name field, enter a brief description, for example,
Uninstall Kaspersky Endpoint Security from Technical Support devices.
- In the Select devices to which the task will be assigned section, select the task scope.
Step 2. Selecting devices to uninstall the application
At this step, select the devices where to uninstall Kaspersky Endpoint Security according to the selected task scope.
Step 3. Configuring application uninstallation settings
At this step, configure the application uninstallation settings:
- Select Uninstall managed application.
- In the Application to be uninstalled drop-down list, select the Kaspersky Endpoint Security installation package.
- In the Force download of the uninstallation utility section, select the utility delivery method:
- Using the Network Agent. If the Network Agent is not installed on the device, first the Network Agent is installed using the operating system tools. Then Kaspersky Endpoint Security is uninstalled by means of the Network Agent.
- Using operating system resources through Administration Server. The utility is delivered to the client devices by means of the operating system tools using the Administration Server. You can select this option if the Network Agent is not installed on the client device, but the client device belongs to the same network as the Administration Server.
- Using operating system resources through distribution points. The utility is delivered to the client devices using the operating system tools via the distribution points. You can select this option if there is at least one distribution point in the network. For more details about distribution points, refer to Kaspersky Security Center documentation.
- In the Maximum number of concurrent downloads field, set a limit on the number of requests sent to the Administration Server to download the application uninstallation utility. A limit on the number of requests will help prevent the network from being overload.
- In the Maximum number of uninstallation attempts field, set a limit on the number of attempts to uninstall the application. If the application uninstallation finishes with an error, the task automatically starts the uninstallation again.
- If necessary, clear the Verify operating system type before downloading check box. It allows you to avoid downloading the uninstallation utility if the operating system of the client device does not meet the software requirements. If you are sure that the device operating system meets the software requirements, you can skip the verification.
Step 4. Selecting the application action when the operating system restart is required
At this step, you can select the action to be performed by the application if uninstallation requires the operating system restart.
Step 5. Selecting an account for accessing the client devices
At this step, select the account used for uninstalling the application using the tools of the operating system. In this case, administrator rights are required for accessing the client device. You can add multiple accounts. If an account does not have sufficient rights, the Installation Wizard uses the next account. If you uninstall Kaspersky Endpoint Security by means of the Network Agent, you do not have to select an account.
Step 6. Completing task creation
Finish the wizard by clicking the Finish button. A new task will be displayed in the list of tasks.
To run a task, select the check box next to the task and click the Start button. The application will be uninstalled in silent mode. After the application uninstallation finishes, you will be prompted to restart the client device.