Updating using Kaspersky Update Utility
Oct 22, 2023
To reduce Internet traffic, you can configure updates of application databases and modules on devices of the organization's LAN from a shared directory by using the Kaspersky Update Utility. For this purpose, one of the devices in the organization LAN must receive update packages from the Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server or from Kaspersky update servers and copy the received update packages to the shared directory by using the utility. Other devices on the organization's LAN will be able to receive the update package from this shared directory.
Configuring application database and module updates from a shared directory consists of the following steps:
- Install Kaspersky Update Utility on one of the devices of the organization's LAN.
- Configure copying of the update package to the shared directory in the Kaspersky Update Utility settings.
- Configure application database and module updates from the specified shared directory to the remaining devices on the organization's LAN.
You can download the Kaspersky Update Utility distribution kit from the Kaspersky Technical Support website. After installing the utility, select the update source (for example, the Administration Server repository) and the shared directory to which the Kaspersky Update Utility will copy update packages. For detailed information about using Kaspersky Update Utility, refer to the Kaspersky Knowledge Base.
To configure updates from a shared directory:
- Open the Administration Console of Kaspersky Security Center.
- In the Administration Console tree, select the Tasks folder.
The list of tasks is displayed in the right part of the window.
- In the list of tasks, select the Update task for Kaspersky Endpoint Security and double-click to open the task properties window.
The Update task is created automatically by the Quick Start Wizard.
- In the task properties window, select the Update sources section.
The task settings are displayed in the right part of the window.
- In the Database updates source section, select the Other sources on the local or global network option.
- In the table of update sources, click the Add button.
- In the Update source field, specify the path to the shared directory.
The source address must match the address indicated in the Kaspersky Update Utility settings.
- Select the Use this source check box and click OK.
- In the table, set the order of the update sources using the Up and Down buttons.
- Click Apply.