Creating an IAM user account for work with Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console
Oct 23, 2023
An IAM user account is required for working with Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console. You can create one IAM user account with all the necessary permissions, or you can create two separate user accounts.
An IAM access key that you will need to provide to Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console during initial configuration is automatically created for the IAM user. An IAM access key consists of an access key ID and a secret key. For more details about the IAM service, please refer to the following AWS reference pages:
To create an IAM user account with the necessary permissions:
- Open the AWS Management Console and sign in under your account.
- In the list of AWS services, select IAM.
A window opens containing a list of user names and a menu that lets you work with the tool.
- Navigate through the areas of the console dealing with user accounts, and add a new user name or names.
- For the user(s) you add, specify the following AWS properties:
- Access type: Programmatic Access.
- Permissions boundary not set.
- Permission: ReadOnlyAccess.
After you add the permission, view it for accuracy. In case of a mistaken selection, go back to the previous screen and make the selection again.
- After you create the user account, a table appears containing the IAM access key of the new IAM user. The access key ID is displayed in the Access key ID column. The secret key is displayed as asterisks in the Secret access key column. To view the secret key, click Show.
The newly created account is displayed in the list of IAM user accounts that corresponds to your account in AWS.
The addresses of web pages cited in this document are correct as of the Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console release date.