Assigning access rights to specific objects
Oct 23, 2023
In addition to assigning access rights at the server level, you can configure access to specific objects, for example, to a specific task. The application allows you to specify access rights to the following object types:
- Administration groups
- Device selections
- Event selections
To assign access rights to a specific object:
- Depending on the object type, in the main menu, go to the corresponding section:
- Devices → Hierarchy of groups
- Devices → Tasks
- Monitoring & reporting → Reports
- Devices → Device selections
- Monitoring & reporting → Event selections
- Open the properties of the object to which you want to configure access rights.
To open the properties window of an administration group or a task, click the object name. Properties of other objects can be opened by using the button on the toolbar.
- In the properties window, open the Access rights section.
The user list opens. The listed users and security groups have access rights to the object. By default, if you use a hierarchy of administration groups or Servers, the list and access rights are inherited from the parent administration group or primary Server.
- To be able to modify the list, enable the Use custom permissions option.
- Configure access rights:
- Use the Add and Delete buttons to modify the list.
- Specify access rights for a user or security group. Do one of the following:
- If you want to specify access rights manually, select the user or security group, click the Access rights button, and then specify the access rights.
- If you want to assign a user role to the user or security group, select the user or security group, click the Roles button, and then select the role to assign.
- Click the Save button.
The access rights to the object are configured.