Step 2. Importing the export file to Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console
Oct 23, 2023
To transfer information about managed devices, objects, and their settings that you exported from Kaspersky Security Center Web Console, you must import it to Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console deployed in your workspace. This enables you to create a stand-alone installation package and use it for re-installation of Network Agent on your managed devices.
Before you start the Migration wizard in Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console, make sure its current localization language is the same as the Kaspersky Security Center Web Console language during the export process. Switch the language, if necessary.
If you have previously completed the quick start wizard in your Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console workspace, the Managed devices group includes policies and tasks created with the default settings. Delete these policies and tasks before importing the ones that you exported from Kaspersky Security Center Web Console.
To import the export file to Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console:
- In the main menu of Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console, go to Operations → Migration.
- On the welcome page of the Migration wizard, click Import. In the File Explorer window that opens, select the export file by browsing to the folder where it was saved, and click Open. Wait until the refresh icon () next to the file uploading status is replaced with the green check mark ().
- Click Next. The next page opens, displaying the entire hierarchy of administration groups of the Administration Server in Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console.
- Select the check box next to the target administration group to which the group objects must be restored and click Next. The Migration wizard displays a list of Network Agent installation packages available in Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console.
- Select the installation package containing the relevant version and localization of Network Agent and click Next.
Select the Kaspersky Network Agent for Windows installation package only if you have previously completed the quick start wizard in your Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console workspace and if you perform the migration of Windows devices.
Wait until the Migration wizard creates a stand-alone installation package. The maximum file size of the stand-alone installation package for Network Agent is 200 MB.
The file is unpacked and automatically downloaded to the default download location defined in your browser settings. The non-group objects and the group objects are restored to the target administration group.
When the import completes, the exported structure of administration groups, including the details of devices, appears under the target administration group that you selected. If the name of the object that you restore is identical to the name of an existing object, the restored object has an incremental suffix added.
If you have imported the entire Managed devices group, we recommend that you rename the newly imported subgroup to avoid confusion:
- Go to the Hierarchy of groups section.
- Click the name of the subgroup in the groups tree.
- In the properties window that opens, in the Name field enter a different name (for example, "Migrated devices").
We recommend that you check whether the objects (policies, tasks, and managed devices) included in the export scope have been successfully imported to Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console. To do this, go to the Devices section and view whether the imported objects appear on the lists in the Policies & profiles, Tasks, and Managed devices subsections.
You cannot minimize the Migration wizard and perform any concurrent operations during the import. Wait until the refresh icons () next to all items in the list of objects are replaced with green check marks () and the import finishes. After this, the devices start switching to Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console.
- Click Finish to close the Migration wizard window.
- If you want to find and download the stand-alone installation package again, go to Discovery & deployment → Deployment & assignment → Installation packages and click the View the list of stand-alone packages button. In the list that opens, select the stand-alone installation package that you have created and click the Download button.
If you use Kaspersky Security Center Web Console and Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console on different devices, you must copy the stand-alone installation package to a removable drive or choose other ways of transferring the file.