Distributing installation packages to secondary Administration Servers
Oct 23, 2023
To distribute installation packages to secondary Administration Servers:
- Establish a connection with the Administration Server that controls the relevant secondary Administration Servers.
- Create a task of installation package distribution to secondary Administration Servers in one of the following ways:
- If you want to create a task for secondary Administration Servers in the selected administration group, launch the creation of a group task for this group.
- If you want to create a task for specific secondary Administration Servers, launch the creation of a task for specific devices.
The New task wizard starts. Follow the instructions of the wizard.
In the New task window of the New task wizard, in the Task type field select Distribute installation package. You can also edit the default name of the task in the Task name field.
At the next step, specify the secondary Administration Servers for the task scope and follow the instructions of the New task wizard. When you finish, the New task wizard will create the task of distributing the selected installation packages to specific secondary Administration Servers.
When you create the Distribute installation package task for secondary Administration Servers running on-premises, the distribution scope—aside from custom installation packages—will only include the installation packages of Kaspersky applications that are supported by Kaspersky Security Center Web Console running on-premises, regardless of which distribution option has been selected (All installation packages or Selected installation packages).
- Run the task manually or wait for it to launch according to the schedule you specified in the task settings.
The selected installation packages will be copied to the specific secondary Administration Servers.