Activating a policy automatically at the Virus outbreak event
Oct 23, 2023
To make a policy perform automatic activation at a Virus outbreak event:
- In the main menu, click the settings icon () next to the name of the required Administration Server.
The Administration Server properties window opens, with the General tab selected.
- Select the Virus outbreak section.
- In the right pane, click the Configure policies to activate when a virus outbreak event occurs link.
The Policy activation window opens.
- In the section relating to the component that detects a virus outbreak—Anti-Virus for workstations and file servers, Anti-Virus for mail servers, or Anti-Virus for perimeter defense—select the option button next to the entry you want, and then click Add.
A window opens with the Managed devices administration group.
- Click the chevron icon () next to Managed devices.
A hierarchy of administration groups and their policies is displayed.
- In the hierarchy of administration groups and their policies, click the name of a policy or policies that are activated when a virus outbreak is detected.
To select all policies in the list or in a group, select the check box next to the required name.
- Click the Save button.
The window with the hierarchy of administration groups and their policies is closed.
The selected policies are added to the list of policies that are activated when a virus outbreak is detected. The selected policies are activated at the virus outbreak, independent whether they are active or inactive.
If a policy has been activated on the Virus outbreak event, you can return to the previous policy only by using the manual mode.