Updating Kaspersky databases and software modules on offline devices
Oct 23, 2023
Updating Kaspersky databases and software modules on managed devices is an important task for maintaining protection of the devices against viruses and other threats. Administrators usually configure regular updates through usage of the repositories of distribution points.
When you need to update databases and software modules on a device (or a group of devices) that is not connected to a distribution point or the internet, you have to use alternative sources of updates, such as an FTP server or a local folder. In this case you have to deliver the files of the required updates by using a mass storage device, such as a flash drive or an external hard drive.
You can copy the required updates from the following sources:
- Distribution point.
To be sure the distribution point repository contains the updates required for the security application installed on an offline device, at least one of the managed online devices in the scope of the distribution point must have the same security application installed. This application must be configured to receive the updates from the distribution point repository through the Download updates to the repositories of distribution points task.
- Any device that has the same security application installed and configured to receive the updates from a distribution point repository or directly from the Kaspersky update servers.
Below is an example of configuring updates of databases and software modules by copying them from a distribution point repository.
To update Kaspersky databases and software modules on offline devices:
- Connect the removable drive to the distribution point device.
- Copy the updates files to the removable drive.
By default, the updates are located at: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\KasperskyLab\adminkit\1103\Updates.
- On offline devices, configure the security application (for example, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows) to receive updates from a local folder or a shared resource, such as an FTP server or a shared folder.
- Copy the updates files from the removable drive to the local folder or the shared resource that you want to use as an update source.
- On the offline device that requires update installation, start the update task of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows.
After the update task is complete, the Kaspersky databases and software modules are up-to-date on the device.