Creating the Fix vulnerabilities task
Oct 23, 2023
The Fix vulnerabilities task enables you fix vulnerabilities in Microsoft software on managed devices that are running Windows.
The availability of this feature depends on the Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console mode and your current license. We recommend that you use the Install required updates and fix vulnerabilities task instead of the Fix vulnerabilities task. The Install required updates and fix vulnerabilities task enables you to install multiple updates and fix multiple vulnerabilities automatically, according to the rules that you define.
The software update installation tasks have a number of limitations. These limitations depend on the license under which you are using Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console and on the mode in which Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console is working.
A user interaction may be required when you update a third-party application or fix a vulnerability in a third-party application on a managed device. For example, the user may be prompted to close the third-party application if it's currently open.
To create the Fix vulnerabilities task:
- In the main menu, go to Devices → Tasks.
- Click Add.
The New task wizard starts. Proceed through the wizard by using the Next button.
- For the Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console application, select the Fix vulnerabilities task type.
- Specify the name for the task that you are creating.
A task name cannot be more than 100 characters long and cannot include any special characters ("*<>?\:|).
- Select devices to which the task will be assigned.
- Click the Add button.
The list of vulnerabilities opens.
- Select the vulnerabilities that you want to fix, and then click OK.
- Specify the operating system restart settings:
- Specify the account settings:
- If on the Finish task creation page you enable the Open task details when creation is complete option, you can modify the default task settings. If you do not enable this option, the task is created with the default settings. You can modify the default settings later, at any time.
- Click the Finish button.
The task is created and displayed in the list of tasks.
- Click the name of the created task to open the task properties window.
- In the task properties window, specify the general task settings according to your needs.
- Click the Save button.
The task is created and configured.