Creating the Install Windows Update updates task
Oct 23, 2023
The Install Windows Update updates task enables you to install software updates provided by the Windows Update service on client devices.
The software update installation tasks have a number of limitations. These limitations depend on the license under which you are using Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console and on the mode in which Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console is working.
To create the Install Windows Update updates task:
- In the main menu, go to Devices → Tasks.
- Click Add.
The New task wizard starts. Proceed through the wizard by using the Next button.
- For the Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console application, select the Install Windows Update updates task type.
- Specify the name for the task that you are creating.
A task name cannot be more than 100 characters long and cannot include any special characters ("*<>?\:|).
- Select devices to which the task will be assigned.
- Click the Add button.
The list of updates opens.
- Select the Windows Update updates that you want to install, and then click OK.
- Specify the operating system restart settings:
- Specify the account settings:
- If you want to modify the default task settings, enable the Open task details when creation is complete option on the Finish task creation page. If you do not enable this option, the task is created with the default settings. You can modify the default settings later, at any time.
- Click the Finish button.
The task is created and displayed in the list of tasks.
- Click the name of the created task to open the task properties window.
- In the task properties window, specify the general task settings according to your needs.
- Click the Save button.
The task is created and configured.