Configuring the Dashboard-only mode
Oct 23, 2023
Before you begin to configure the Dashboard-only mode, make sure that the following prerequisites are met:
- You have the Modify object ACLs right in the General features: User permissions functional area. If you do not have this right, the tab for configuring the mode will be missing.
- The user has the Read right in the General features: Basic functionality functional area.
If a hierarchy of Administration Servers is arranged in your network, for configuring the Dashboard-only mode go to the Server where the user account is available on the Users tab of the Users & roles → Users & groups section. It can be a primary server or physical secondary server. It is not possible to adjust the mode on a virtual server.
To configure the Dashboard-only mode:
- In the main menu, go to Users & roles → Users & groups, and then select the Users tab.
- Click the user account name for which you want to adjust the dashboard with widgets.
- In the account settings window that opens, select the Dashboard tab.
On the tab that opens, the same dashboard is displayed for you as for the user.
- If the Display the console in Dashboard-only mode option is enabled, switch the toggle button to disable it.
When this option is enabled, you are also unable to change the dashboard. After you disable the option, you can manage widgets.
- Configure the dashboard appearance. The set of widgets prepared on the Dashboard tab is available for the user with the customizable account. He or she cannot change any settings or size of the widgets, add, or remove any widgets from the dashboard. Therefore, adjust them for the user, so he or she can view the network protection statistics. For this purpose, on the Dashboard tab you can perform the same actions with widgets as in the Monitoring & reporting → Dashboard section:
- Switch the toggle button to enable the Display the console in Dashboard-only mode option.
After that, only the dashboard is available for the user. He or she can monitor statistics but cannot change the network protection settings and dashboard appearance. As the same dashboard is displayed for you as for the user, you are also unable to change the dashboard.
If you keep the option disabled, the main menu is displayed for the user, so he or she can perform various actions in Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console, including changing security settings and widgets.
- Click the Save button when you finish configuring the Dashboard-only mode. Only after that will the prepared dashboard be displayed to the user.
- If the user wants to view statistics of supported Kaspersky applications and needs access rights to do so, configure the rights for the user. After that, Kaspersky applications data is displayed for the user in the widgets of these applications.
Now the user can log in to Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console under the customized account and monitor the network protection statistics in the Dashboard-only mode.