Step 1. Exporting managed devices, objects, and settings from Kaspersky Security Center Web Console
Oct 23, 2023
Migration of managed devices from Kaspersky Security Center Web Console to Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console requires that you first create an export file containing information about the hierarchy of administration groups that are on your current Administration Server running on-premises. The export file must also contain information about the objects and their settings. The export file will be used for subsequent import to Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console.
The maximum export file size is 4 GB.
To export objects and their settings from Kaspersky Security Center Web Console:
- In the main menu of Kaspersky Security Center Web Console, go to Operations → Migration.
- On the welcome page of the Migration wizard, click Next. The Managed devices to export page opens, displaying the entire hierarchy of administration groups of the corresponding Administration Server.
- On the Managed devices to export page, click the chevron icon () next to the Managed devices group name to expand the hierarchy of administration groups. Select the administration group that you want to export.
- Select the managed applications whose policies and tasks must be transferred to Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console together with group objects. To select the managed applications whose objects are to be exported, select the check boxes next to their names in the list.
Although Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server is present on the list, selecting the corresponding check box does not result in the export of its policies.
To make sure that your managed applications are supported by Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console, click the corresponding link. It will redirect you to the Online Help topic containing the list of applications managed by Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console.
If you select applications that are not supported by Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console, the policies and tasks of these applications will be exported anyway and then imported, but you will not be able to manage them in Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console due to unavailability of the dedicated plug-ins.
- View the list of group objects exported by default and specify non-group objects to be exported together with the selected administration group, if necessary. Configure the export scope by including or excluding various objects, such as global tasks, custom device selections, reports, custom roles, internal users and security groups, and custom application categories. This page includes the following sections:
If you transfer devices of various operating systems to Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console, non-group objects only need to be migrated once.
The Migration wizard checks the total number of managed devices included in the selected administration group. If this number exceeds 10,000, an error message appears. The Next button remains unavailable (dimmed) until the number of managed devices in the selected administration group falls within the limit.
- After you defined the migration scope, click Next to start the export process. The Creating the export file page opens, where you can view the export progress for each type of object that you included in the migration scope. Wait until the refresh icons () next to all items in the list of objects are replaced with green check marks (). The export process finishes and the export file is automatically downloaded to the default download location defined in your browser settings. The name of the export file appears in the lower part of the browser window.
- When the Export has completed successfully page is displayed, proceed to the next stage performed in Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console.
If you use Kaspersky Security Center Web Console and Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console on different devices, you will have to copy the export file to a removable drive or choose other ways of transferring the file.