Initial configuration of Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console
Oct 23, 2023
This section outlines the main scenario for Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console deployment starting with a workspace creation and finishing with the monitoring of the network protection status.
For information about deployment of Kaspersky Security Center running on-premises, refer to Kaspersky Security Center Online Help.
We recommend that you assign a minimum of one working day for completion of this scenario.
The scenario guides you through the following:
- Starting work with a workspace of your company as an administrator
- Discovering devices on your network (if necessary, you will assign distribution points and manually install distribution packages on them)
- Deploying managed Kaspersky applications on the client devices; configuring tools for network protection, monitoring, and regular updates of Kaspersky databases, software modules, and applications
When you complete this scenario, the network protection based on Kaspersky applications will be configured. You will be able to proceed to monitoring of the network protection status.
Before you start:
- View the architecture of Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console to understand interaction between the main application components.
- Read information about the licensing of Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console and managed applications.
- Make sure that you have a valid activation code for Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console (if you are creating a commercial workspace).
Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console configuration proceeds in stages:
- Configuring ports
Make sure that all necessary ports are open for interaction between your network and the Kaspersky infrastructure. Also, if you plan to use the hierarchy of Administration Servers, make sure that all necessary ports are open for interaction involving the secondary Administration Server (or secondary Administration Servers) and client devices.
- Creating the workspace for your company
- Running quick start wizard
Open and sign in to Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console. When you sign in for the first time, you are automatically prompted to run the quick start wizard. You can also start the quick start wizard manually at any time.
When the quick start wizard is complete, you will have installation packages of Network Agent and security applications. These installation packages are required for further deployment of Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console.
- Deployment of Kaspersky applications
Perform the scenario of initial deployment of Kaspersky applications. One of the scenario steps refers to the network polling operation. This operation is required to discover client devices of your network. Network polling and its settings are described in the scenario of discovering networked devices.
If you are deploying Kaspersky Security for Windows Server, make sure that the databases for this application are up to date.
- Licensing Kaspersky security applications
When Kaspersky security applications are deployed to the managed devices, the applications must be licensed by applying an activation code to each of the applications. Deploy your activation codes to the Kaspersky applications installed on the managed devices. You have several options to license Kaspersky security applications.
- Configuring network protection
Perform the network protection configuration to fine-tune the policies and tasks created through the quick start wizard.
- Regular updating of Kaspersky databases, software modules, and applications
To keep your network protected against viruses and other threats, you have to configure regular updates of Kaspersky databases, software modules, and applications.
- Updating third-party software and fixing third-party software vulnerabilities (optional)
Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console enables you to manage updates of Microsoft applications installed on client devices. You can also fix vulnerabilities in Microsoft applications through installation of required updates.
- Configuring tools for monitoring the network protection status
Select and configure widgets, reports and other tools that allow you to monitor the network protection status.
When Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console is deployed and configured, you can proceed to monitoring the network protection status.