Configuring Kaspersky Security Network
Oct 23, 2023
Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) is the infrastructure of cloud services that has information about the reputation of files, web resources, and software. Kaspersky Security Network enables Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows to respond faster to different kinds of threats, enhances the performance of the protection components, and decreases the likelihood of false positives. For more information about Kaspersky Security Network, see the Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows Help.
You can configure the Kaspersky Security Network work in the policy properties window of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows, in the Application settings → Advanced Threat Protection section.
To specify recommended KSN settings:
- In the main menu, go to Devices → Policies & profiles.
- Click the policy of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows.
The properties window of the selected policy opens.
- In the policy properties, go to Application settings → Advanced Threat Protection → Kaspersky Security Network.
- Make sure that the Use Administration Server as a KSN proxy server option is enabled. Using this option helps to redistribute and optimize traffic on the network.
- If necessary, enable use of KSN servers if the KSN proxy service is not available. To do this, enable the Use Kaspersky Security Network servers if the KSN proxy server is unavailable option.
KSN servers may be located either on the side of Kaspersky (when KSN is used) or on the side of third parties (when KPSN is used).
- Click OK.
The recommended KSN settings are specified.