Creating the task for downloading updates to the repositories of distribution points
Oct 23, 2023
Distribution point devices running macOS cannot download updates from Kaspersky update servers.
If one or more devices running macOS are within the scope of the Download updates to the repositories of distribution points task, the task completes with the Failed status, even if it has successfully completed on all Windows devices.
You can create the Download updates to the repositories of distribution points task for an administration group. This task will run for distribution points included in the specified administration group.
This task is required to download updates from Kaspersky update servers to the repositories of distribution points. The list of updates includes:
- Updates to databases and software modules for Kaspersky security applications
- Updates to Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console components
- Updates to Kaspersky security applications
After the updates are downloaded, they can be propagated to the managed devices.
To create the Download updates to the repositories of distribution points task, for a selected administration group:
- In the main menu, go to Devices → Tasks.
- Click the Add button.
The New task wizard starts. Follow the steps of the wizard.
- For the Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console application, in the Task type field select Download updates to the repositories of distribution points.
- Specify the name for the task that you are creating. A task name cannot be more than 100 characters long and cannot include any special characters ("*<>?\:|).
- Select an option button to specify the administration group, the device selection, or the devices to which the task applies.
- At the Finish task creation step, if you enable the Open task details when creation is complete option, you can modify the default task settings. If you do not enable this option, the task is created with the default settings. You can modify the default settings later, at any time.
- Click the Create button.
The task is created and displayed in the list of tasks.
- Click the name of the created task to open the task properties window.
- On the Application settings tab of the task properties window, specify the following settings:
- Create a schedule for task start. If necessary, specify the following settings:
- Scheduled start
- Run missed tasks
- Use automatically randomized delay for task starts
- Use randomized delay for task starts within an interval of (min)
- Click the Save button.
The task is created and configured.
In addition to the settings that you specify during task creation, you can change other properties of a created task.
When the Download updates to the repositories of distribution points task is performed, updates for databases and software modules are downloaded from the update source and stored in the shared folder. Downloaded updates will only be used by distribution points that are included in the specified administration group and that have no update download task explicitly set for them.