Step 3. Re-installing Network Agent on devices managed through Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console
Oct 23, 2023
After you create the Network Agent stand-alone installation package, you can proceed to creation of a remote installation task. Performing this task enables you to re-install Network Agent on all managed devices so that these devices are switched under management through Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console.
To reduce the risk of data loss, we recommend that you first perform the actions for a small administration group counting up to 20 managed devices located within the corporate network and including no physical servers. After finishing with these actions, check whether re-installation completed successfully and proceed to the full reinstallation scope.
To create a remote installation task and re-install Network Agent:
- Go back to the Migration wizard in Kaspersky Security Center Web Console running on-premises.
We recommend using the Migration wizard to create a remote installation task to re-install Network Agent as described below. If it is necessary to use a custom remote installation task, you first need to manually create a custom installation package from the Network Agent stand-alone installation package. Please note that when creating a custom installation package, you must specify the "-s" key in the executable file command line. Otherwise, Network Agent reinstallation from this custom installation package completes with an error.
Depending on the current state of the Migration wizard, you can do one of the following:
- If you have not closed the Migration wizard after the export and your session has not expired, click the Go to Step 3 of the Migration wizard button. Select the Upload stand-alone installation package check box and click the Select stand-alone installation package button. In the browser window that opens, specify the Network Agent stand-alone installation package.
- If you have to start the Migration wizard again for any reason, select the Upload stand-alone installation package check box and click the Select stand-alone installation package button. In the browser window that opens, specify the Network Agent stand-alone installation package. After that, the Migration wizard again displays the hierarchy of administration groups of this Administration Server. Select the same group for which you created the export file and click Next.
The Migration wizard checks again the total number of managed devices included in the selected administration group. If this number exceeds 10,000, an error message appears. The Next button remains unavailable (dimmed) until the number of managed devices in the selected administration group falls within the limit.
- Wait until the stand-alone installation package is uploaded and click Next. The Migration wizard creates a custom installation package and a remote installation task for it. The task scope will include the administration group that you selected on the Managed devices to export page; the task startup schedule will be set to Manually by default. The Migration wizard displays the creation progress. Wait until the refresh icons () are replaced with the green check marks () and click Next.
- If necessary, select the Run newly created remote installation task check box (cleared by default) for the devices in the selected administration group of the Administration Server running on-premises and all of its subgroups. In this case, the devices will be switched under management of Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console—but only after Network Agent installation completes. The full path will be displayed to the administration group in which the task will be run.
The task must only be started after the import to Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console finishes. Otherwise, the device names may be duplicated in the list.
- Click Finish to close the Migration wizard and start the remote installation task for the following purposes:
- Upgrading the Network Agent instances
- Switching the Network Agent instances under management through Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console
If you have left the Run newly created remote installation task check box cleared, you can start the task later manually, if necessary.
You can check that you can now manage the migrated Network Agent instances through Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console. To do this, go to Devices → Managed devices. Make sure that migrated managed devices have the confirmation icon () in the Visible, Network Agent is installed, and Network Agent is running columns. Also, make sure that these devices do not have the Not connected for a long time status description.